PHT Morning Skate: Hall waiting on contracts talks; Keefe’s options
Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit for the PHT Morning Skate? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• While he recently had dinner with Coyotes owner Alex Meruelo and COO Xavier Gutierrez, Taylor Hall will still wait until the off-season to hold any contract talks. [Sportsnet]
• The JOFA line is back for the Predators. [Nashville A to Z Sports]
• How Kevin Fiala and Kirill Kaprizov can help one another and the Wild. [Zone Coverage]
• Sheldon Keefe has plenty of options at his disposal to help out Auston Matthews. [TSN]
• CCM Hockey has announced an endorsement agreement with Akim Aliu, founder of the Time to Dream Foundation and co-chair of the newly formed Hockey Diversity Alliance, to work to eradicate racism and intolerance at all levels of hockey. [PR Newswire]
• The Canadiens and Islanders are closer to getting some practice help for Phase 3.
Ilya Sorokin and Alexander Romanov NHL bound! #WeAreGoldStar! pic.twitter.com/AXJtO6CLlR
— Dan Milstein-Hockey (@HockeyAgent1) July 21, 2020
• Jack McIlhargey, a former NHL defenseman and assistant coach, died Sunday from cancer at 68. [NHL.com]
• NHL 21 will be released in October and will not be available on PS5 this year. [Operation Sports]
• The story of the two friends rollerblading from Boston to Michigan to raise money for American Cancer Society. [ESPN]
• Catching up with Johan Hedberg. [San Jose Hockey Now]
Sean Leahy is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @Sean_Leahy.
Tags: Anaheim Ducks, Arizona Coyotes, Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Calgary Flames, Carolina Hurricanes, Chicago Blackhawks, Colorado Avalanche, Columbus Blue Jackets, Dallas Stars, Detroit Red Wings, Edmonton Oilers, Florida Panthers, Los Angeles Kings, Minnesota Wild, Montreal Canadiens, Nashville Predators, New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Ottawa Senators, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, San Jose Sharks, St. Louis Blues, Tampa Bay Lightning, Toronto Maple Leafs, Vancouver Canucks, Vegas Golden Knights, Washington Capitals, Winnipeg Jets, Auston Matthews, Kevin Fiala, Taylor Hall
Shooting is all about that unwavering focus, a sort of tunnel vision to excel...